Senior Vice President of Health & Welfare Consulting Trion Consulting,
a Marsh & McLennan Agency, LLC
For more than 25 years, Marybeth has worked in the employee benefits field and has continually reduced costs for employers and their employees. Recently she was named EBN’s 2017 Most Influential Women in Benefit Advising: 30 leaders whose unique client management strategies, innovative data manipulation and other industry-leading skills are transforming the field.
She is able to reduce costs and liability due to her deep understanding of the insurance marketplace. She has also developed critical strategies to control costs over the long term. Marybeth currently serves as a Senior Vice President of Health and Welfare Consulting with Trion, a Marsh & McLennan Agency firm supervising the overall account management for her clients. Skilled at analyzing companies’ health care costs and benefit plans, she is an expert in identifying financial opportunities and assisting with strategic planning, particularly with large, self-insured clients.
Formerly a Vice President with AON Consulting, Marybeth specialized in utilization and data management to understand key cost drivers. She is an expert in developing and redesigning pharmacy programs and understanding the cost drivers within these programs as well. Marybeth focuses on data analysis of utilization trends to build cohesive strategies for long term cost management and improvement of member health in the population.
As a National Account Manager with Aetna Inc., Marybeth was responsible for overall account management from a financial and operations perspective for clients with more than 10,000 employees operating in multiple locations. She detailed plan design opportunities for clients as well as monitored the ongoing financial implications to plans. She also served on the Aetna Presidents Roundtable Committee, fostering communications between clients and the president’s office regarding suggested changes that would improve Aetna’s operational procedures.
Marybeth currently resides in Chester Springs, PA, with her family.
- Bachelor of Science, Health Policy and Administration; Pennsylvania State University
- Licensed in Accident, Health, Life, and Fixed Annuities in 32 states
- Member of the National Business Group on Health in Washington, DC
- Penn State Alumni Speaker at The College of Health and Human Development, Health Policy and Administration
- Board Member of UPMC Hamot Medical Center
- Current speaker with University Conference Services, Academic sponsor; University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Founding Member of “GROW a Women in Business” initiative at Trion, a Marsh & McLennan Agency
Trion GROW Fall Newsletter Feature:
Click on the link to read: 2017 GROW Fall Newsletter