1. How do I contact Marybeth?
2. How do I learn about what services Trion can provide to my organization?
We would be happy to set aside time to discuss what programs and services are of interest to you and your organization and provide a detailed Scope of Services with pricing for your review. Please call or send an e-mail with a request for a conference call.
3. Does Trion provide retirement consulting services?
Trion only provides consulting services for medical, pharmacy, vision dental and life and disability programs. However, Trion is a division of Marsh McLennan Company and has access to the best consulting partner affiliates that can be made available to our clients for many other insurance needs including retirement.
4. What makes Trion different than the current consultant I use today?
Trion is a Marsh McLennan Agency and we feel our organization brings a unique approach to consulting. Our consulting process delivers expertise for not only purchasing better, but creating a valuable ongoing understanding of plan performance and how that knowledge can be used to more effectively control expenses. We become partners with our clients and an extension of the clients HR team with our unique five person team approach.
We are all very proud of the entrepreneurial–spirited, energetic, and credentialed organization that we have become over the past 20 years. We’ve grown to become a leader in the market with a strong client focus, thought leadership, financial underwriting expertise, and leveraged buying power. It’s these things—along with our focused and driven approach to consulting and unique process in serving clients—that truly set us apart from our competitors.
Trion’s approach to the benefits consulting and procurement process using our dedicated team of experts to surround each client enables us to take the work off your desk and provides you with the tools you need to manage the benefits without the heavy lifting. Our operational premise of “unique abilities” gives you experts to go to for the answers you seek, when you need them.
Highlighted below are some additional areas where Trion excels and is significantly different than our competition specifically in the healthcare industry:
• Client team of 5 people with unique responsibilities: Trion has extensive experience working with organizations like yours. In the past 5-8 years our work has become much more complex with healthcare reform and compliance and cost issues we have to manage. Our expert team members clearly differentiate us from our competition. We hire seasoned industry recognized experts that fit clients’ needs. Our expertise provides our clients innovative ideas and best practices used by some of the most sophisticated peer clients in the industry. Trion’s team approach will give you a group of experts in each area with more than 20 year’s average industry related experience and none of our work is pushed down to junior associates.
• Process for negotiating with carriers. We present our technical underwriting assessment to the marketplace through a Request for Proposal. Driven from an underwriting exercise we do internally prior to marketing your information, this sets carrier expectations on the acceptable rating range prior to them establishing their baseline. We have been extraordinarily effective in framing expectations to the carriers for our client’s advantage in this unique approach. The pharmacy coalitions we have developed are just one of the areas we have built preferential pricing. Others include stop loss coalitions and captives as well as a life and disability coalition.
• Personal touch in working with clients. It’s a commitment you won’t find with other consulting firms. In fact, it’s our ability to build strong relationships and provide our clients with a superior level of service that allows our business to prosper.
• Data Analytics Unit. Our underwriting teams are supported by a Data Analytics Unit dedicated to preparing client-specific periodic financial updates/dashboards and drafting annual cost and utilization analysis reports for each client. This analysis is invaluable for setting budget rates, negotiating renewals, evaluating financial strategies, and developing effective cost and risk management (wellness and condition management) programs.
• Unlimited Resources: Ability to tap into Trion’s parent company Marsh & McLennan Co. resources, including cutting edge benchmarking from Mercer our sister co, survey databases for all benefits, absence and productivity management.
• Life, Disability and Absence Management: Trion represents the country’s leading source of disability and life program expertise, marketing clout of $2.5B in representative customer disability and life premium and premium equivalence. Our clients have access to Trion’s absence & productivity management tools and expertise.
• Stop Loss Captive – Trion has placed significant business with a select group of top rated carriers. The strength of our purchasing power and market leverage is often greater than other coalitions and competitors, and we view our Stop Loss business as a purchasing collective. These collective purchasing arrangements increase our purchasing power and market leverage on behalf of our clients. Unlike typical coalitions, our purchasing collective also seeks competitive quotes from alternative carriers at the direction of our clients – ensuring our clients get the best financial arrangement in the marketplace.
Pharmaceutical Coalition: It is a collective arrangement for Trion clients to use their combined purchasing power to secure a highly competitive prescription drug pricing model while retaining autonomy and control over their benefit plan structure, financing arrangement and contract terms. It combines the purchasing power of 500+ large companies. The value includes, on average, a 15% to 20% or more reduction in total Rx costs through lower administrative costs, higher discounts and guaranteed greater rebates. Additional, ongoing savings is achievable through longer-term cost and trend management, bundled pricing for clinical programs, as well as “built-in” savings escalators as our consortium grows in size/volume. Trion has three coalitions, one with Express Scripts (ESI) and the second coalition with OptumRX. We have been able to demonstrate over and over again to clients the value of this negotiated pricing and ongoing trend management. Pharmacy remains the fastest growing component of overall healthcare costs. With the increase in the new lifestyle drugs and high cost specialty biotech pharmaceuticals, it is area that requires specific focus and management.
• Robust client list. It illustrates the breadth and depth of experience we have with clients of all sizes. We have found that all clients benefit from a strategic approach and forensic evaluation of what is working and what can be improved for that individual client’s environment and challenges. We have many clients, including clients similar to your and can provide case studies to share our clients’ successes.
• Private exchange platform with full Benefits Administration Services in house. Trion employees delivering all services including our call center services in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. This service includes the ACA reporting as a part of these services. The Trion
• iBenefits app is also available to all of our clients to make it easy for your employees to review the benefits you provide to them at anytime on their mobile devices.
• Think HR is also available to all of our clients at no cost as an added enhanced client service.
We can say with confidence that we truly will become part of your team and will endeavor to understand your business and objectives.
Trion Group, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC